Contractions

Singkatan-Singkatan




  • aren’t = are not

  • can’t = can not

  • couldn’t = could not

  • didn’t = did not

  • doesn’t = does not

  • don’t = do not

  • hadn’t = had not

  • hasn’t = has not

  • he’d = he had, he would

  • he’ll = he will

  • haven’t = have not

  • he’s = he is, he has

  • here’s = here is

  • I’d = I had, I would, I Should

  • weren’t = were not

  • I’ll = I will, I shall

  • I’m = I am

  • isn’t = is not

  • it’d = it had, it would

  • it’ll = it will

  • I’ve = I have

  • let’s = let us

  • mustn’t = must not

  • needn’t = need not

  • oughtn’t = ought not

  • she’d = she had, she would

  • she’ll = she will

  • she’s = she is, she has

  • shouldn’t= should not

  • that’ll = that will

  • that’s = that is, that has

  • there’s = there is

  • they’d = they had, they would

  • they’ll = they will

  • they’re = they are

  • they’ve = they have

  • wasn’t = was not

  • we’d = we had, we would

  • we’ll = we will, we shall

  • we’ve = we have

  • what’s = what is, what has

  • where’s = where is

  • who’s = who is, who has

  • who’ve = who have

  • won’t = will not

  • wouldn’t = would not

  • you’re = you are

  • you’ve = you have

  • shan’t = shall not


Penjelasan :


Contraction adalah singkatan enclitics (kata atau persingkatan kata yang tidak bertekanan), sedangkan abbreviation adalah bentuk singkatan atau kependekan dari sebuah kata atau ungkapan yang menggantikan atau mewakili keseluruhannya. Contoh abbreviation adalah SMA (Sekolah Menengah Atas).

Contraction digunakan dalam pidato dan dalam percakapan yang direkam atau tertulis, atau karangan informal (tak resmi) yang lain, singkatan-singkatan itu ditulis dengan tanda apostrof.

Sedangkan dalam surat menyurat resmi dan bisnis, contraction tidak wajar digunakan.

No comments:

Post a Comment